The holiday season is upon us, which comes with a lot of cheer and potentially a lot of traffic for your website. Have you been preparing your business for a successful Cyber Monday and Cyber Week?
I worked retail at my dad's sporting good store for a mere 10+ years and I remember the change of traffic through the door the day after a yummy Thanksgiving meal. Black Friday was one day my dad was happy to say goodbye too when he retired. Unfortunately, he retired before Cyber Monday existed, but I think as a small business owner he would have loved every minute of it (well, except for all the shipping headaches). Cyber Monday has become a fabulous opportunity for small businesses to get found for the first time, to stimulate repeat purchases and ultimately increase sales over the holidays.
If You Build It, Will They Come?
Besides having a working e-commerce website on a robust server that is prepared for a high volume of traffic, have you done enough to guarantee you will get traffic to your website? Is it too late to promote your e-commerce website for Cyber Monday? Here are five quick digital marketing tips you can do this week to help assure Monday will be a great success:
1. Send Email!! Your current customers and leads will be thrilled to receive an email with your offerings. I swear they are most likely waiting for it and planning their Monday morning around all the deals. Don't just email once and think you will get the results. This week, go a little crazy (without annoying people) and send reminders. Segment your contact lists and share different promotions in order to personalize your emails. Hold out on some special deals and email your contacts on Saturday or Sunday about the special Cyber Monday offer. It's also a great idea to email them on Monday reminding them of the offer.
2. Get on Facebook live! Video is killing it right now. Answer questions about new products this holiday season and promote your business for Cyber Monday. Maybe throw out a special code just for those who are watching the LIVE video. It doesn't need to be a big production or done by a professional videographer, just get on there with remarkable content and pure honesty. Speak to those pain points of why they need your product or service.
3. Post, post and post some more!! Increase your social media marketing posts this week and through the weekend. Do you know your buyer personas favorite social media platform? If your buyer persona is most likely not on SnapChat then don't spend the majority of your time there. Make sure you are including the hashtag #CyberMonday in your related posts. It's also important this whole week and next week you are extremely present online. This doesn't mean just increase your posts. Make sure you are readily available to engage in conversation online and respond to comments in a timely manner (like within minutes).
4. Promote your cyber deals with Facebook Ads. Small businesses today are so lucky to have Facebook Ads, because of the affordability to get your product in front of a highly targeted audience. As I mentioned before, if you've thoroughly defined your buyer personas, you can use that data to match it with the Facebook audience you want to attract.
5. Blog about it! If you have a blog, I hope you have a blog, write about the deals you will be promoting for Cyber Monday and include those special coupon codes!
BONUS TIP: Don't be afraid to extend your sale beyond Monday. When you are coming to the end of Cyber Monday, send out an email to your lists offering an extension to your #CyberMonday deal. And don't forget to share it via social media too.
If you are gearing up for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday, let us know in the comments below. We'd love to see what you are doing to prepare! Good luck and feel free to share your deal in the comments below.